Saturday 8 May 2010

Evaluation: What have you learnt from your audience feedback?

Audience feedback has been a great tool throughout my coursework. I first began using it on my magazine covers to find out what they thought so that I could gather their opinions and produce a piece of work that would want them to choose my film or read my magazine. The audience feedback even though sometimes rather harsh is usually very constructive, and they explain what points would make it more desirable. One thing that is hard though is to be able to accommodate for everyone's wants, everyone has different opinions, so I have to go with the majority as this means more viewers. Audience Feedback became incredibly helpful during the editing and making of my teaser trailer. As can be seen in my blog, I made two teaser trailers, the first being shorter. After putting this up on YouTube I very quickly got responses as to how it could be improved. As I found out, they believed it was too short and too confusing. There is guessing, and then there is GUESSING was the feeling I got from it. The swap between settings was too much and bored the viewers.
Audience Feedback is probably the most important tool available to any producer, yes you need the editing software, the equipment to film and light, BUT, who are you making this for, your target audience, if they do not like it, you have no viewers so all the money spent, all the time you take on making this product is wasted, so without their feedback from the start, you are pretty much stuck. So, audience feedback, VITAL!

No comments:

Post a Comment