Thursday 6 May 2010

Evaluation: Modern Technology Used for 7.62

-Mac Computer, This was used as the main piece of technology as it contained all the software and memory space needed to complete my project.
-iMovie-WHen it came to the editing of my trailer I felt this was by far the best piece of software to use. After having experience of it during my AS year, I felt comfortable with all the aspects that it had to offer and was confident with how to use them to my advantage. The simple yet clear layout of this software makes editing quicker and easier for me. One problem that I did encounter was the limited amount of timelines for sound. At first I felt that I would just be using a soundtrack, but after audience feedback, I discovered that this was not the case, and I needed more and more sound effects. Luckily they all squeezed in but any more and I many have been stuck.
-YouTube-Youtube was a very helpful tool for two things. Firstly, it helped when putting my work up so that I could connect it to my blog. Secondly, for audience feedback, after putting my video up, people began commenting and gave their opinions on how they thought I should improve, and from this I was able to produce a better trailer.
-Final Cut-Final Cut was always going to be there as a back-up in case I needed more sound time lines, luckily this was not the case, but for some transitions, I felt that Final Cut offered a larger array of effects for my use.
-Livetype- Livetype is a piece of software used by many professionals in the movie business. This aided me in producing a better title sequence for my film as it contains many effects such as the heart monitor, and secondly made it easier to input the bullet hole after hearing the gun shot.
-Music sites-Even though they were not used too often, when it came to heartbeats and gunshots, these sites were very useful as it made the trailer seem more like an action genre.
-iTunes-When I was searching for my soundtrack iTunes really helped out. I could input a CD and select individual tracks that I felt could be useful and then i could make a shortlist which would be used to finally decide on my soundtrack.
-Video Camera-A vital part of my coursework, needed to film everything for the trailer itself.
-Digital Camera-Needed for photos taken for magazine and poster.
-Adobe Photoshop-I have used this piece of software for the last 3 years now, GCSE, AS and now A2. I felt comfortable with using this and know the ins and out of it. With this knowledge it made it easier to cut out pictures and place it on templates of my magazines and posters.
-USB Stick/CD'S- Used to move work from computer to computer making it easier for transport, and making it easier to complete work in various places.

No comments:

Post a Comment